Phil Fersht, Founder and CEO of HfS has invited me to a fireside chat at his firm’s event Blueprint in New York.
Broadly, we will cover 5 major disruptions shaking IT and in particular, the outsourcing world:
- Explosion in technology categories – social, mobile, analytics and cloud ….well keep going …complex event processing, next-gen shop floor, mass customization, wearable computing …keep going….
- Shifting business models – everything-as-a-service, sharing, freemium pricing – a whole range of non-linear, headcount independent models
- Changing talent landscape – more in-sourcing, lots more boutiques and vendors from left field. Hint – GE and Foxconn are 2 of the largest global outsourcers now in $$ and headcount
- Evolving location risks and perceptions – secondary cities in India, data privacy risks in US, crowdsourcing from everywhere
- From systems of record to systems of advantage – glimpses into amazing innovation I heard about in interviews with 30 brands in 10 countries and 15 industries during my summer book project
See you there. New York in December is magical and the rest of the event agenda looks fantastic.