The New Florence blog set a blistering pace during 2012 – it will end year with 750+ posts. Each one of the posts makes you go “wow”, and very tough to play favorites but I scanned the titles to come up with a few that will remind us of 2012 years from now.
5 categories– The London Olympics, The Presidential Race, the Industry events I was part of, Mobile devices/apps/pays, and Advanced Analytics/Big Data - contributed over 150 posts to the blog. The first 5 entries below represent (only) one from each of those categories. The others represent either the end of an era (as with the Space Shuttle), the start of a new one (as with Japan diversifying its energy policy after the tsunami and Facebook’s IPO ) or some that just stood out like the use of plastic bottles as bulbs in slums around the world or Israel’s missile shield during the altercation with Hamas.
- The biomechanics of Usain Bolt
- The education of Jim Messina
- A majestic afternoon on San Francisco Bay
- The feature which launched a thousand projects
- Internet of Things + Big Data + Future of Work = Massive savings
- Israel’s “Iron Dome”
- Japan’s energy shock therapy
- The 747 SCA (Shuttle Carrier Aircraft)
- The neuroscience of Bob Dylan’s genius
- Turning a plastic bottle into a bulb
- “The Hacker Way”
Enjoy these or feel free to peruse my bi-weekly summary posts and come up with your own list. With 750 to choose from you can make your own scrapbook of 2012 memories.